The new Zero Turn range from Husqvarna takes the pain out of lawn mowing.Lawn mowing will no longer be a full weekend chore and something that you dread.With a Zero Turn mower you will look forward to the next time you can cut the grass again.
This model is a step up above the standard residential mower due to the 10 gauge steel fabricated/welded deck which is ideal for rough terrain.This increases durability and prolongs the life of the deck.The two cast aluminum spindles and front caster tires are greaseable.The middle of the deck is accessible by lifting the floor pan.
- Dependable starting and the power you need to get the job done
- Full pressure lubrication and spin on oil filter
- Heavy-duty cyclonic air filtration system
- Engine manufacturer: Briggs & Stratton
- Engine name: Vanguard
- Power: 23 hp
- Cylinder displacement: 724 cm³
- Cylinders: 2
- Air Filter: type Heavy Duty (Cyclonic)
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- Oil filter: Yes
- Fuel Tank Size: 3.5 Gallons
Hydro Gear EZT Hydrostatic Transmission
- Fan cooled 10cc pumps and wheel motors on each drive wheel
- Mow up to 2.2 acres per hour at speeds up to 6.5 mph
- Maintenance-Free Transmission – Worry free performance with maintenance free, integrated zero-turn transmissions.
- Heavy duty 10-gauge steel w/ 2 mower blades
- Twin steel sheets for added support and strength
ClearCut™ deck technology features deep deck design, air flow control baffles, high performance blades and top discharge for superior cutting performance whether discharging, bagging or mulching.
This cutting deck comes with 6 size settings that are easy to switch between. You can get a catcher for the model I tested that makes things look even better.
- Choke, throttle, and ignition in one location for easy access
- Easy to operate deck height and blade engagement levers
The control sticks will be the first thing that will be different for any conventional ride on driver, but with a bit of practice with the blades off you will soon get the hang of it.
It’s best to drive it around for a bit before lifting the red button.
The red button controls the blades, when it’s up – they are going -when you are about run over yet another one of your kids toys, slam the red button and the blades turn off. It’s a very intuitive system and a great safety feature too.
15-inch sliding seat with spring suspension
Vibration dampened steering levers with foam grips
Removable Foot Pan
Allows easy access to deck belts, pulleys and spindles
The unique tube style chassis features a removable foot pan for easy access to the top of the cutting deck.
- Maintenance Free EZT Transmissions
- Accurate mowing and driving
- Comfortable Seat
- Cuts well
- 42-inch Cutting Deck
- Reinforced steel mowing deck
- Doesn’t work well on steep slopes
Husqvarna Z242F (42") 22HP Zero Turn Lawn Mower