John Deere is a name recognized instantly anywhere in the world.This is a great testament to the quality and endurance of the machines made by this American company over the past decades.
The Z425 zero turn riding mower is known for his quality, durability, comfort and to be one of the best entry level zero turn mowers on the market.
The John Deere private label’d engine is made by Briggs and Stratton 724cc 22 horse power V-twin engine delivers good power with smooth operation.The over head valve design makes for more power and fuel economy. Cast iron cylinder walls make for long tasting durability. V-twin designs allow for less vibrations, greater torque and better sound quality.
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Large 44.2 cu in. (724 cc) displacement for plenty of torque in all conditions
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Cast-iron sleeves for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Easy access to the no-tools oil drain valve for oil changes
- Rear engine guard for protecting the engine and providing additional strength and integrity
- Spin-on oil filter with pressure lubrication for keeping the oil cleaner for long engine life and extended time between oil changes; pressure lubrication is also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
All of the maintenance points for the engine are easily accessible.John Deere covers its engines with an engine protection guard. A intake screen cover snaps to the engine cover to keep damaging debris from entering into the engine.The 3.5 gallon fuel cell is located on the left side of the mower.
Read Customer Reviews
So no leaking hydraulic fluid to worry about.These transmissions are known to provide great control and stability while mowing on slopes.
- Dual unitized transmissions efficiently power the EZtrak™ forward and reverse and give steering capability:
- Transmissions are set low in the vehicle for excellent hillside stability.
- Tuff Torq® TZT7-D transmissions are reliable and durable.
- Beefed-up 1-in. (2.5-cm) axles for greater strength
- Maintenance-free, unitized transmissions are sealed and have no hose connections to leak hydraulic fluid.
- Four-bolt hubs provide a reliable and convenient wheel-mounting system.
The John Deere Z425 zero turn riding mower include a 54-inch wide deck is made of 10-gauge stamped steel.The cutting deck is a generous 54” in width, helping to make short work of even the largest spread. The cutting deck is stamped steel. Cutting deck height is adjusted using a hand lever.
Smooth underside of the mower and a deep deck design prevent grass build up and lift grass for a clean, even disbursement of grass clippings.The outer edges of the deck are roller for extra strength and durability.
The deck paint is applied in a dual stage process, E-coat and Powder paint coatings.This provides extra protection from rust. Two anti scalping wheels on front of the mowing deck help guide it over the lawn which reduces the chance of scalping.
John Deere Z425 – Buying Options: Online on Amazon or Authorized Dealers
Comfortable seats with two suspension springs and no-tools fore-aft seat adjustment, with a 3-in. (7.6-cm) range, that can be used by the operator while seated.
The control bars are fully adjustable to provide any sized operator a comfortable ride and smooth precise control. Built in shock absorbers help reduce arm fatigue.
- Smooth easy to use controls
- Comfortable adjustable seat
- Fuel tank level window
- Large rear tires give good ride quality have good tread for improved traction
- Maintenance is easy
- Deck wash makes for easy clean up of the cutting deck
- Service Interval Sticker under the seat ensures you wont miss a service
- Lower center of gravity makes it easy to go under tree branches and easier use on slopes
- Seat does not have a high back
John Deere ZTR mowers are well engineered and built.They offer excellent quality for the price, and the company stands behind the products they sell through dedicated dealers that have been around for decades.
John Deere EZtrak Z425 Zero Turn Riding Mower Review
The EZtrak Z425 has one of the strongest frames in this price range and it have exceptional value when compared to other residential ZTR's in it's price range.